CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING
Culinary Adventures is a fresh new spin on corporate team building seminars that will motivate your associates to get involved in this fun and informative experience. There is no rock climbing here, no swatting away bugs in 90-degree heat or falling backwards into the arms of a stranger. In our state-of-the-art kitchen, teams must work together to prepare a three or four-course menu. They are judged on teamwork, multi-tasking, time management, organizational skills and their ability to overcome obstacles.
It is well known that interactive seminars help change patterns, spark new thinking, invite creative thought and engage all team members to share their skills and knowledge, not always apparent on the job. Understanding your co-workers’ strengths is critical to success. This seminar helps to develop time management and conflict/resolution skills. You will find our Culinary Adventure Seminars more of a reward than a requirement for your associates.
Once the cooking is complete, teams dine together and savor their work in our private dining room. The team building exercises will prove to be challenging and rewarding as well as fun while applying the following concepts referred to as the 5 ‘C’s - Creativity, communication skills, collaboration, cooperation and commitment.
3-Course Complete Package: $99.00 p/p includes 3-course dinner and Chez Boucher embroidered apron. Please include 18% service charge to price.
Seminars run approximately 5-6 hours.
Team Building Program Benefits:
- Successful team building has far reaching effective
ramifications to an organization.
- Improving the way team members interact improves their
ability to solve problems. Better problem solving means increased efficiency.
- Increased efficiency tends to boost the over-all moral and
productivity of the team. This leads to decreased stress, turnover and
- Clearly defined objectives and agreed upon end goals
produce positive results. Positive results increase motivation and creativity
and decrease team conflict.
- Once established an effective team becomes
Teams of three or four can participate in these exercises at one time.
Goal Setting - We will begin by establishing team objectives. Individuals in the team must understand and accept the goals of the team.
Roll Playing - Teams members must know what is expected of them and what is to be expected from the others on the team.
Procedures - all team members must learn how to get the work done together as a cohesive unit (e.g. decision-making, problem solving, time management, conflict management and resolution.)
- The program begins with introductions and a brief
orientation led by Ron Boucher cec, aac.
- Next there will be group instruction on basic cooking
techniques, knife handling, and safety and sanitation procedures.
- Your group is then divided into teams. Each team will elect
a team captain. The team will work together to prepare and serve a three-course
luncheon - appetizer, soup or salad, entrée and dessert. Each team member is
must take part in the preparation of the meal.
- Each team will prepare six portions for each course. One
plated for display, one for flavor/taste critique and the other four for the
team to enjoy.
- Before the event the team captain will draw for a starting
sequence and kitchen station assignment. Each team will have (30) minutes to
discuss a strategy and production plan.
- At (30) minute intervals, each team will receive a basket
containing a selection of foods, recipes and plating instructions. No
substitutions from the ingredients can be made.
- The teams will have (2) hours to prepare their meals.
Plating and service will begin when each team reaches their two-hour time
- Each team is allowed a (30) minute window to plate and serve
Judging, Evaluation and Critique
All individual teams will be judged on the following
- Sanitation and Safe Food Handling Procedures:(1-5) Maximum
- Organizational Skills/Mise en Place: (1-5) Maximum points
- Communication Skills: navigation of a plan and ability to
follow instructions: (10) Maximum points allowed
- Team Work, Overcoming Obsticles, Timing and Work Flow:
(1-20) Maximum points allowed
- Presentation, Flavor, Taste and Doneness of Meals: (1-10)
Maximum points allowed
Team Achievement Award Scale
42-50 Pts. = Gold Medal
36-41.99 Pts, = Silver Medal
30-35.99 Pts. = Bronze Medal
Under-30 Pts. Honorable Mention
Corporate Team Building Seminar “Promise”
These team-building exercises will prove to be challenging and rewarding but also lots of fun while learning the following concepts:
“The Five C’s”
- Communication skills
Menu Options - Please pick one item from the following Appetizers, Soups or Salads, one item from Entrees and one item from Desserts.
- Baked Stuffed Mushrooms with sausage, spinach and cheese
- Pan Fried Crab Cakes with a chipotle aioli
- Chicken, Prosciutto Ham and Sage Roulades with a Brie cheese fondue
- Grilled Bruschetta with Tomato Basil Relish
- Crispy Chicken Fingers with a warm cilantro and pepper jelly glaze
- Wild Mushroom Bisque
- Roasted Red Pepper Bisque with fresh basil pesto
- French Onion Soup Gratinee
- Pureed Carrot & Ginger Soup with crème fraiche
- New England Clam or Fish Chowder
- Salad Framboise - baby greens tossed in red wine vinaigrette garnished with
toasted pecans, fresh raspberries and Gorgonzola cheese
- Oven Roasted Beets and Sweet Corn over Boston lettuce with Crumbled Goat
Cheese, drizzled with a lime coriander vinaigrette
- Baby Spinach Salad tossed in sweet & sour dressing, garnished with poached
pears, red onions and candied walnuts
- Heirloom Tomato Salad tossed in red wine vinaigrette, garnished with fresh
basil, served in a parmesan cheese basket
- Caesar Salad or Green Goddess Salad
- Baked Haddock au Gratin with roasted garlic mashed potatoes with glazed winter
- Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin Moutarde with braised leeks and wild rice pilaf
- Sautéed Turkey Marsala with buttered egg noodles and steamed green beans
- Baked Stuffed Chicken with rosemary ham and smoked Gouda cheese, finished with
a sherry mushroom cream, served with roasted potato fans, steamed asparagus
- Veal Parmesan served with a Parmesan Cheese Risotto & wilted spinach
- Pan Roasted Salmon Gremoulata with a fresh cucumber relish, served with